Friday, September 18, 2015

A thought

I've been trying to get a bit more in touch with my passions in the past couple of days. It had a lot to do with getting reacquainted with Live your Legend when I read about Scott Dinsmore's passing. I will not be surprised if subscriptions peak dramatically in the next few weeks, given how the deaths of inspirational people drive us into immediate action. And Scott was damn inspiring in life and with his passing. The stuff for legends, and the only silver lining I can pick in his sad and premature passing. But talk about "letting death find you living!"

--

In trying to reformulate what truly stirs me*, I found I had to put my own values into words as well. And it's got me thinking that together with spring cleaning, one should make it a point to spring-clean their habits and thoughts. By simply asking ourselves: "What am I about?

Obliging us to think truly who we are. Connecting with that we believe in. We are our values and how we embody them. Plus our darker shades and failures, mistakes, contradictions. It is truly what we do with the latter that reveals us to ourselves and others.  It is easier to be deceived by our manipulated bright sides.

S

* I used the 27 QUESTIONS TO FIND YOUR PASSION that's part of a toolkit you get if you subscribe to Live Your Legend. They propose very interesting exercises. A gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment