Monday, April 18, 2016

L is for Lodgings


I like this type of shower/bathroom because glass gives me a sense of "cleaner".

L is for lodgings. And "lottery" too. And in China, picking lodgings is a lottery of sorts. So I spend quite some time picking our hotels or apartments when we go somewhere for the first time.

There are 3 cities in China where we arrive at hotels and I am welcome as an old friend. To me, that is almost enough to become a repeat client. It is very rare to be acknowledged as a return client in China. So a "Welcome back Sonia" goes a long way with me. That, and a place that is consistent in its strengths and tries to improve on its flaws.

Without a doubt, the lowest points in the lodgings lottery were shared with David Novak. In some cases upon checkin in in the middle of the night. So here's a warning: don't EVER stay in Beijing Capital Airport hotel. Or in that fancy-looking place in Guangzhou where they don't have rooms with windows but don't feel the need to specify it during the booking process.



No comments:

Post a Comment